In this episode, Jim Oliver and Paul Moore discuss:
- The motivation behind Paul’s book, The Perfect Investment.
- The current state of the economy and the impact on the real estate market: What’s Hot and What’s Not!
- Recession resistant assets.
- If you’re curious about commercial real estate, making a fractional investment with a professional operator is a good place to start.
- The Infinite Banking Concept pairs well with commercial real estate investing.
- Make sure you understand the difference between investing and speculating!
About Paul Moore: After graduating with an engineering degree and then an MBA from Ohio State, Paul entered the management development track at Ford Motor Company in Detroit. After five years, he departed to start a staffing company with a partner. Along the way, Paul was Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Michigan Entrepreneur of the Year two years straight (1996 & 1997). They scaled and sold the company to a publicly traded firm five years later. After a brief “retirement”, Paul began investing in real estate in 2000 to protect and grow his own wealth. He completed over 85 real estate investments and exits, appeared on HGTV’s House Hunters, rehabbed and managed dozens of rental properties, built a number of new homes, developed a subdivision, and started two successful online real estate marketing firms.
Three successful real estate developments, including assisting with the development of a Hyatt hotel and a very successful multifamily project, convinced him of the power of commercial real estate. Paul is the author of The Perfect Investment – Create Enduring Wealth from the Historic Shift to Multifamily Housing (2016). Paul also co-hosts a wealth-building podcast called How to Lose Money, is a featured guest on numerous real estate podcasts, and is a regular contributor to BiggerPockets and Fox Business. Paul is married with 4 children and lives in Central Virginia.
LinkedIn: Jim Oliver