In this episode, Jim Oliver and Nick Kosko discuss:
- The continued and ongoing relevance of Becoming Your Own Banker by R. Nelson Nash.
- Expenses expand to equal our income
- Willie Sutton’s law- Wherever wealth is accumulated, someone will try to steal it
- The IRS takes your money to give to the Treasury to pay to the Federal Reserve for all the money they’re borrowing
- We need to overcome Parkinson’s Law to succeed
- If you can overcome Parkinson’s Law, you will win by default, and you don’t need to do it alone
- What we consider “necessities” change as we have more resources available
- “Do it yourself” retirement plans don’t work
- You can’t abolish your student loan debt in bankruptcy
“Work expands to meet the time envelope allowed.” — C. Northcote Parkinson, Parkinsons Law and Other Studies in Administration
Book Link: Becoming Your Own Banker- Nelson Nash
Free Copy: CreateTailwind.com
Show notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.