In this episode, Jim Oliver and Greg Chaplain discuss:
- The real estate market and how Greg joined the market
- The roles that teams play in reaching sales goals
- The career path that Greg Chaplain chose after a business acquisition cost him his job
- Attitude and ambition can get you anywhere!
- Find the real estate sales strategy that works for you, speaks to you, that fits your lifestyle and you can become proficient at.
- Attitude is everything. Other skills, and strengths can be taught or learned.
- Only start a team when you’re generating too much business to handle yourself (ripe fruit is hitting the ground).
- Develop reciprocating relationships with other business owners.
“Train agents in a way that they can leave and be successful. Treat them in a way that they won’t want to.” Greg Chaplain
About Greg Chaplain: Licensed Virginia agent Greg Chaplain leads the Hampton Roads Real Estate Home Team, representing over thirty combined years of experience. Having grown up in Lakeville, Massachusetts, Greg went on to complete his BS in Business Administration & Finance from West Virginia University and relocated to Hampton Roads, where the abilities and experiences he gained managing sales teams in the wine industry, including strong negotiation and communication skills, brought about a career in Real Estate in 2005. Buyers and sellers alike will find Greg to be perfectly attentive and communicative throughout the process. His guidance even post-sale ensures the buyer will be comfortable and satisfied.
Greg’s time in Hampton Roads has brought him to a sincere appreciation of its approachable people and flexible lifestyle – from rural to urban, historic to new, and athletics to arts, Greg knows there is absolutely something for everyone here.
21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork by John Maxwell
The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
The Go Giver by Bob Burg
How to Master the Art of Selling Anything by Tom Hopkins